Travel Permit Letter

Afghan nationals whom are born overseas and hold foreign passports are recommend to apply for a Travel Permit Letter for the purpose of entering and leaving Afghanistan without a visa. 

Please note that if you hold an Afghan, Australian or NZ passport and your birth place is Kabul, Herat, Kandahar etc, you do not need to apply for a Travel Permit Letter.

To Apply, please complete the  the Permit Letter Application form, affix a recent passport size photograph and sign, and please provide the following documents:

  • Copy of your passport with at least six months validity remaining
  • Proof of address (Driver license, Utilities bill or bank statement)
  • Copy of birth certificate (if the applicant was born in Australia or New Zealand)
  • Consent letter signed by parents (if the applicant is under the age of 18 and travelling alone or with one parent)
  • Copies of the parents passports(if the applicant is under the age of 18)
  • Registered self-addressed return envelope for return of your Travel Permit Letter

To avoid any delays with your application please ensure you submit all the required documents. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: Applicants are encouraged to apply directly to the embassy, applications submitted to the embassy by travel agencies will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant. 

Travel Permit Letters are processed FREE of cost.

Ensure you write your full name in Dari on the application

Download the application form from the link below.

Travel Permit Application Download.pdf

Only complete the consent form if the child(ren) is under 18 years of age. 

Parent Consent Form Download.pdf

For further information please contact the Consular Section of the Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. 

Tel:      (02) 62827377(10.00am - 1:00pm, Monday to Friday)

Fax:     (02) 6282 7322

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.